Friday, November 11, 2011

A Very Simple Card

As the title suggests the card I am about to display was very simple and came together quite quickly.  So without anything else much to say here it is:-


Now I was inspired to make this card by another that I had come across while blog surfing but for the life of me can not find it now!!! There was no watermark on the original card so if anyone knows the artwork from a particular stamper please pass on my acknowledgement.

Now as you can tell the base of the card was plain Whisper White and I had stamped the leaves from a Papertrey Ink stamp set called "Everyday Button Bits" in Old Olive.  The sentiment is stamped with Pretty in Pink to match the buttons from the Papertrey Ink Spring Mix Vintage collection.  I wanted to mix the buttons up a bit and that's why I added a couple of yellow ones in there as well.  A very apt spring card don't you think?  The ribbon came from my stash which I managed to tie up into a nice bow.

Happy stamping,

3 comments:

Karen said...

I LOVE this card as you know!! That ribbon is beautiful and your bow is perfect! Just lovely!

Karen
x

Fiona said...

Fabulous card Karen, I have this set not sure it's seen any ink yet! Youv'e inspired me now.

Tammy Hanlon said...

Very pretty, I'm with Fi, I have this set too but struggle for ideas, so thanks for the inspiration.
Tam x