Saturday, July 31, 2010

Just Add Ink #28 - A Man Card

When I saw this challenge I let out a big sigh because I do struggle with male cards but the girls at Just Add Ink made this challenge easier by giving us the colours to use as well. Half the problem was solved.

I decided to make a card for Father's Day seeing that it is not too far away. My goodness where is this year going!!!

So here are the colours:- And here is my card:-
When I look at it now, I think I should have stamped up my image on white cardstock or even vanilla but anyway I am happy with it. I hope my Dad will like this one!!!

Happy stamping,

13 comments:

Karen said...

You did so well with that challenge - a pefect card for fathers day!

K
x

Danielle Daws said...

This looks great! I love the brad at the bottom. :-)

Christine Blain said...

Love those Baja Breeze leaves - what a gorgeous touch!

Danielle Rack said...

Love it! especially the touch of ribbon, still very masculine.

Anonymous said...

Great card Karen!! I think we all seem to stuggle with masculine cards - at least I certainly do!

Liam said...

I absolutely love the leaves coming out from behind the greeting and I love the brad in the centre of the ribbon great job.

Liam

Ronni said...

Lovely Card!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I love the Baja leaves and the 'metal' in the ribbon. Awesome card.

Tammy Hanlon said...

Fabo Male card Karen Love the ribbon across the bottom!
I am sure your Dad will love it!

Krista said...

Great card ! Love what you did with the leaves !

Unknown said...

A lovely card, like the ribbon and brad too.

Jodene said...

This is a fantastic card, and perfect for fathers day! I like it stamped on the kraft, I think white or vanilla may have been too stark ... this is just perfect :)

Tania Gould said...

This looks fantastic - love those leaves sticking out!